1) The Circolo Fotografico Arno, with the sponsorship of FIAP-Federation Internationale de l’Art Photographique (2018/074-075-076-077), GPU– Global Photographic Union (L180016), ISF-Image Sans Frontiere (4/2018), IUP– International Union of Photographers (2018/004), RPS Royal Photographic Society (RPS 2018/23, 2081/24, 2018/25, 2018/26) e FIAF-Federazione Italiana Associazioni Fotografiche (2018M6, M7, M8, M9), is organizing the International Circuit of Digital Photography Contests: “22° GRAN TOUR DELLE COLLINE”, which includes the following events: 36° Trofeo Arno (36rd Arno Trophy), 27° Trofeo Città di Figline Valdarno (27th Town of Figline Valdarno Trophy), 16° Trofeo Colline del Chianti (16th Hills of Chianti Trophy) and 16° Trofeo Colline del Pratomagno (16th Hills of Pratomagno Trophy). The contest is open to all amateur and professional photographers worldwide. Entrants must own the copyright to all submitted photographs. The images must have been photographed in every part (even the smallest) by the entrant himself/herself.
2) The contest has three themes for digital images, referred to as:
- A) Open Monochrome (PI)
- B) Open Color (PI)
- C) Open Portfolio (PI)
In free monochrome and color themes you can submit up to 4 works per theme, while in the free portfolio theme you can send from a minimum of 6 to a maximum of 10 works related to a common theme.
The digital images to all themes must be in JPG format; size should be 1920 pixels on the long side, or 1080 on the short side with a resolution of 300 dpi (Maximum 8 Mb), in either colour or monochrome. The files should be saved with sRGB color space.
Each jury will use a 27-inch Acer Full HD (1920 x 1080) monitor connected to the central server by the program HPCM (Hiho Photo Contest Manager) provided by HIHO srl.
3) All entries must be submitted through the specific form available on the www.grantourdellecolline.it website. The images already submitted for all the previous editions of the contest will not be accepted.
4) The subscription fee amounts to € 40 (for the Eurozone) or 48 US$ (for the area not subject to Eur) per entrant, regardless of the category and is valid for all 4 contests. The amount can be forwarded through PayPal to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any entry not accompanied by the subscription fee shall not be admitted and the author of such entry shall not have the right to receive the catalogue of the contest.
The subscription fees for groups are as follows :
From 10 to 20 Participants: 36,00 Euro (Euro Area) – US$ 42,00 (Other Areas)
From 21 to 30 Participants: 34,00 Euro (Euro Area) – US$ 40,00 (Other Areas)
From 31 to 50 Participants: 31,00 Euro (Euro Area) – US$ 36,00 (Other Areas)
From 51 to 100 Participants: 28,00 Euro (Euro Area) – US$ 33,00 (Other Areas)
Over 120 Participants: 25,00 Euro (Euro Area) – US$ 29,00 (Other Areas)
5) The jury’s final decision is unquestionable and incontestable. The organizers shall send the unclaimed prizes at their own expenses but at the recipient risk.
6) Prizes cannot be cumulative in the same category of each contest but can be cumulative in different categories also for the same contest.
If the jury agrees, the most important prizes, referred to as Best Author of the Circuit (Author higher number of photos accepted), Claudio Vivoli Trophy (best photos of nature), Nicole Billiau Trophy (best photo travel), best Image of each contest), Author with the Greatest Number of Images Admitted can be always cumulative.
7) The catalog will be produced in pdf, with all the winning works, the jury’s report and the list of admissible works and participants. And sent to all participants by email.
8) Statistics, minutes of the juries and both winning and admitted photographs will be published in the www.grantourdellecolline.it website and left there until the next edition. All entrants shall receive the results via email.
9) The entrant shall be held responsible in handling any image rights or liberties of the subject matter of the photograph and shall irrevocably consent to the Promoters publishing the photographs, which shall not be used for commercial gain.
10) The jury decides exclusively on the admittance of photographs and prize – awarding.
11) Though the organizers will attempt to treat all submitted work with the utmost care, they are not responsible for any damage or loss that may occur during the sending of entries, whatever the cause.
12) We inform you that, according to art. 13 of Leg. Decree 30th of June, 2003, n. 196 (bearing the “Code regarding protection of personal data “) herein under abbreviated as the “Code”, all personal data submitted to the International Photography contest “19° Gran Tour delle Colline” shall be collected and stored by Circolo Fotografico Arno on paper, electronic and/or mechanical and/or telematic means and appropriately handled in order to ensure data integrity and confidentiality in compliance with the Code. The submitted data will be only used for the purpose of this contest. To this end, the organizer reserves the right to display personal data on the web site of the contest (www.grantourdellecolline.it) and/or publish it in the catalogue. Entrants must submit their personal data to be able to take part in the contest.
In accordance with Art. 7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003, entrants have the right to obtain information, at any time, regarding confirmation of the existence of his/her personal data and their disclosure in an intelligible manner, as well as information related to data processing modalities, update, correction, integration and cancellation of data. The above rights are exercised by means of an informal request to the data controller. The data controller is Circolo Fotografico Arno with registered office in: Via Roma 2, Figline Valdarno – FI (Florence) in the person of its pro-tempore president, Mr. Silvano Monchi.
13) With the participation, I explicitly accept the “Document FIAP 2014/317°” Conditions and Regulations for the organisation of international photographic events and in particular its Chapter II “Regulation for photographic events under the sponsorship of FIAP explained in Section II.2 with the FIAP participation rule and Red List”.
14) By the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP; that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking; that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original filesas captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP and that in case of sanctions following the non compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules. It is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations.
15) “Monochrome Photo” Definition
A black and white work fitting from the very dark grey (black) to the very clear grey (white) is a monochrome work with the various shades of grey.
A black and white work toned entirely in a single colour will remain a monochrome work able to stand in the black and white category; such a work can be reproduced in black and white in the catalogue of a salon under FIAP Patronage.
On the other hand a black and white work modified by a partial toning or by the addition of one colour becomes a colour work (polychrome) to stand in the colour category; such a work requires colour reproduction in the catalogue of a salon under FIAP Patronage.
16) Participation in the Contest implies the entrants’ total, unconditional acceptance and the acknowledgment of their entire understanding of these Regulations.